07 May 2012

It's good to be home.

Even though the folks at Bay Moorings in Penetanguishene treated us well, it sure is nice to be home.

I have got stuff to do!

Those old taps are almost gone.  They are now damaged beyond repair.  It's not that I wasn't committed before, but there is no turning back now.  I thought that by replacing Moen taps with Moen taps, that this job would go smoothly.  Plug and play?  In the last 10 years, they have even changed the thread on the soap dispenser bottle.  Nothing is the same.  So much for that brand loyalty idea.  Back at the Ocean factory, it looks like they installed the plumbing and taps before dropping in the sink.  I REALLY, don't want to have to remove the sink to complete this job.  I will say that they made this job a little tougher than it needs to be.

I have a set of dinghy davits in the front living room.  They have been there for close to month.  They have to go.

Not to be out done.  Kerri has a new table that she bought for the cockpit.  It is set up in the front living room as well.  I won't lie.  I am not a fan of this table idea.  My money says it finds it way to a beach fire somewhere.  I bet it never sees the Bahamas.  It too, needs out of the front living room.  After that, it had better be on it's best behaviour.

We have got three Icom VHF radios onboard Knot Yet.  I have heard nothing but good things about their radios and couldn't be happier to have them.  Except one of them, it's mic cord has degraded terribly and the sheath is all but gone.  Just the individual wires remain, it's not long for this world.  I met the Icom Canada rep at the Toronto Boat Show.  He set me up with a contact to get me a new mic.  Except, the guy sent me the wrong mic.  Come on, man!  It looks like I have to box that up and send it back.  We have surprisingly little marine support in our area, considering that we live right on a lake.

My to do list hasn't got a whole lot smaller.  Still lots of purchases to be made before we leave.  Unfortunately, the boat name suits me.

If anybody can point me in the right direction regarding PLBs vs. EPIRBs or both, I sure would appreciate it.



Ian

1 comment:

  1. I am sure my table will behave ;). I just haven't found the perfect spot for it!

    ReplyDelete