We have now had a couple days with the survey results. I have had time to make a few calls.
Sure I paid for a survey, but what does it all mean?
I have attempted to sort out what is normal wear and tear on a 11 year old boat and what is broken or abnormal wear. I have tried to sort out neglect vs. sh*t happens.
After all that, I have attempted to put a dollar value on stuff that just ain't right. I will benefit from the corrective maintenance. They should have done it earlier. I have negotiated 50 cents on the dollar for everything that I feel is above and beyond normal wear.
So, it is now up to them. We have signed back a Conditional Acceptance letter. We adjust our offer by a few thousand dollars. They have to decide if our offer is fair or not.
Our latest deadline is 5PM Friday.
She is a good boat. We are just trying to put a fair value on her.