22 July 2012

Day 1

Before I get started I would like to acknowledge Services Ontario.  What a bunch of bafoons!

In a effort to get things out of the way early.  We tackled travel insurance way back on March 29th.  Admittedly, I got great help when I dialled their 800 number, but when we drove over to the Walkerton office things started to feel not quite right.  We started hearing bureaucratic junk like "the process does not allow us to apply for the change until 5 weeks before the application date."  But, it also says allow 4-6 weeks for processing?  We had no choice but let the system do it's thing.

Fast forward to last week.  I sold my truck, so I returned my license plates to, you guessed it... Services Ontario.  The plates went easy.  "One more question, can you look up the status of our Health Cards?" She says "There is no record of any application for change in the system."

So, on one of the hottest days of the summer so far, Kerri, Macara and I hop in the car and drive over to Walkerton.  After a quick explanation of our situation, the clerk flippantly blurts out "it's probably in Kingston and they haven't dealt with it."  To which I replied, "No, I don't think so!"  After a further explanation of what I already knew, the other  clerk got a sinking feeling a strolled over to a filing cabinet.  "Here is you application right here" she says in a folder labelled "Things to do in July".

Let's just sum this up by saying we are still in some administrative difficulties.

With a couple other issues to wrap up and a mediocre forecast, Saturday becomes our new departure date.  Even with that, it may pick up a bit in the afternoon.  Alarm clocks set for 4am!!!

Like so many years in the past, Shrek 2 is packed and ready to go with us.

It was a beautiful starry morning which lead to a glorious sunrise.  I always love this first morning on the water.

Macara was pretty excited too.  In an effort to negotiate her to go to bed, she arranged that she would like to take mom's spot on the bow when we cast our lines.  She had it all figured out.  Mom would take the helm and dad would work with her.  She got her way.


Everybody was up and ready to go.  




Did I mention it was beautiful morning?


Shrek was running strong.  A welcome sight.


And then we got to Killarney Mountain Lodge.  Now I love the Lodge.  I make every effort to stay there before any of the other marinas in Killarney.  We have been going to KML for over 10 years.  As soon as the long range weather told us that Saturday was a go,  Kerri made reservations.  Shrek 2 was still on the service dock when we arrived, but Julie had that look on her face.  I knew something wasn't quite right.

Take it away Jerry Seinfeld...
"You know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation.  And I think that is really the most important part"

Long story short, after being asked to wait for 2 hours, they managed to make room for us on the fuel dock.  Friends of ours who decided to join us just Friday night, they got proper slips.

Oh well, can't change it.  And we still had a great time!




No comments:

Post a Comment