26 July 2012

Killarney to Little Current

First things first when you get to Killarney.  I need my fish bus fix!

Macara driving the dinghy to go get fish 'n chips.


Saturday night turned out to be a great night.  Dinner wound up being reservations for 12.  We were joined by Big Bert and Kris's brother's family aboard their F32 Trojan.  I care not to count the number of years in a row that I have had the Prime Rib at Killarney Mountain Lodge on my first Saturday night in the North Channel, let's just say that I have a pretty good streak going.

Kris's brother Mike and wife Kim have a daughter that is only a few months younger than Macara.  KML is a great place for kids and the two hit it off right away.

After dinner, we slide over to the Carousel and listen to Andy Lowe sing.  Like we have every year we have been to the North Channel.  Coincidently, he started playing at the Carousel that very same year.

In the Carousel, through a friend of a friend of a friend, I had the pleasure of meeting a very interesting gentleman by the name of Charlie Miller.  A few years ago, he and his family did the very same trip that we are about to start out on.  We discussed this and that about boating on the east coast and out in the Bahamas.  We had a great time.  Towards the end of the evening he introduced me to his daughter, a beautiful young girl, now around 16 or so.  We, too, had a great chat.  She told me about the great parts of the trip and the parts that she wished she remembered better.  She offered me some great advice.  Such an easy girl to talk to.

It never ceases to amaze me the size of boats that I see when in those special cruising places.



Killarney is fun, but it was time to go.

My parents were not far away, coincidently in one of our favourite anchorages.  We gave them a call and said "Let's hook up."

Our anchor was barely over the side and Macara had her life jacket on and jumping for Papa's dinghy.  And soon, not long after she was back, "Look at the fish I caught!"  You see, last summer, Macara caught her first fish with Papa.  It was a small Pike that was lost at the side of the boat because they had no net.  This year, Papa was much better prepared.





I just have to add, McDonald's is missing something.  I love their breakfast burritos, but for the last couple mornings I have been adding left over Pike bits to my egg burritos.  It's fantastic!  Life is good!!!

We are in Little Current.  Let's see where the wind blows us.


No comments:

Post a Comment